Friday, January 25, 2008

Doctor Today and The Nursery

I went to see the doc today, and from now on I go visit him every two weeks. I gained five pounds since last time, and I was a little concerned about that, but he told me my overall weight gain is good. He said to stay away from salt, drink lots of water, put my feet up, and lay on my side to help with the swelling. My ankles are swollen on occasion, but not everyday. And even though my hands don't look swollen to me, they must be, cause I can't wear either of my rings anymore. He also told me to eat healthy (what doctor doesn't say that, you know?), and he said to choose things that are green or yellow in nature. But then he specified. He said it should be naturally green or yellow, not dyed. In other words, green M&Ms don't count. Bummer :) It was a slow day for them, cause I was one of a few in the waiting room, and I didn't have to wait very long at all. My appt. was at 12:15, and I was back in my car by 12:30. Whoo-hoo for slow days!

I've also been having pain in my groin area (sorry if that's TMI for some of you), and I've told him about it before. It's there cause the baby is right there growing each day and adding pressure. I asked if it would go away, and he said, Yeah, when you deliver. Then you'll have other pains to deal with. What a funny guy :)

So that's that. Last night I took some pics of what the baby's room looks like right now. I don't have the bedding on, but the furniture's in place, and we have things on the wall, so here it is.


This is a light switch cover that I believe came with a diaper cake I got at my shower. There's another one in the room that's a plug cover, and they look exactly the same.


These plush wall hangings are over the crib, and they match the bedding perfectly. I like that they are soft, so we can wash them easily. And if they ever fell, they wouldn't hurt a certain young child in the room :)


The Mickey Mouse lamp is there on the left, and the valance was a gift as well. The curtain didn't come with the set, so I had to go find one myself. It's a lightweight denim, and I think it's cute for a little boy's room. Plus the valance has corduroy on it, so I thought the different fabrics went well together. The top of the curtain is cute, even though you can't see it. It's the got the hardware that you'd see on a a pair of overalls. Maybe that's why I thought it suited a boy's room.


This is right next to the window, and they are white wooden blocks with Disney characters on them. Josh did a great job drilling holes in the back of them so we could mount them on the wall. They came on the diaper cake too, I think.


And here's the room as you'd see it from the doorway. You've got the rocking chair there in the front, and it's got a blanket draped on the back of it. The dresser there does not match the baby furniture, but that's because it belonged to me when I was growing up, so it's a little girly. Shh, don't tell BC! The changing table's under the window as you can see, and to the right of that is our computer and desk. So most of the room is a nursery, but there's still one corner that belongs to Josh. He's got his computer, paper shredder, and Ronald Reagan pictures on that side of the room. Hey, we've gotta leave space for daddy, don't we? When we get a house someday, then we'll have extra room for an office or a study or something like that.

This weekend we have our first class at the hospital, which is great, cause we have yet to see the inside of the place. We have to schedule a tour sometime too. Then at night we have a Sunday school class fellowship. I'm gonna make mini-brownies and put something inside them! I did the PB cups before, and it was ok I thought. This time I'm gonna try the Hershey's Kisses that have PB inside them, because that PB has a creamier texture than the cups. I think it will taste better when the brownies are cooled.

And though I've just discussed brownies in some detail, I am not in the mood for them right now. (shrug) Go figure.

7 comments:

Sara said...

Ha, I love your comment about the green M&Ms. And it's funny that your dr mentioned naturally green or yellow... like he knew you were going to try to get around it. :)

Yeh, I remember my last several appts being so quick--almost seemed pointless, but I know it's worth it to make sure the baby is OK.

I remember having a lot of sharp pains/pressure in my groin area too--don't remember at what stage, but it was probably in the 3rd trimester. Makes sense--all thgat extra weight, plus it's not like the baby is holding still. :)

Your nursery looks so great--I love it! Shocking, I know, that I would love a Disney nursery. ;)

Oooh, if you're going to put Hershey's kisses in brownies, you should do it with the caramel-filled ones....mmmm. Chocolate and caramel is the best!

I love you! *kisses to BC*

Anonymous said...

Oh, Mary! I LOVE your nursery! The light switch & plug covers came in your Disney Babies basket. I really like how you've set up your nursery! It's adoreable! I remember setting up my first nursery. It's so much fun & makes it seem so much more real! Only 10 more weeks! Isn't it about time for another belly pic? :) Enjoy your childbirth classes...I enjoyed mine! Have fun!

Eden said...

Well, I started to read your blog before there were any comments and now that I have finally come back to finish and leave a comment, I find that Mom and Sara have left a comment. lol Such is life with a tot! lol

I love your nursery!!! Totally cute!

THose last visits are pretty quick.

Have fun with your classes.

Hmm...you have brownies on the brain, girl! I think you've mentioned them in the last several blogs! lol

Love you.

Christi said...

I love your nursery. That light switch cover is so cute!! Everything looks great!! It's so fun once it's all together - makes it all so much more real!!

Yay for no waiting at the doc!! I always ended up with my appts first thing in the morning before I went to work - and usually they aren't backed up that early!! I learned that lesson after about my second visit that was at 3pm and I was there FOREVER!!!

I like the idea of the caramel filled hershey kisses. Maybe you could do half and half :-) Looking forward to eating one!!

Have fun at class!!

Dave + Jess said...

Cute, cute, and cute! I like the idea of plush wall hangings instead of the wooden ones so if they fall they won't hurt the baby. They think of everything these days!

Is the furniture cherry? I like the darker woods, too. Good job on all that you've accomplished!!

Unknown said...

The room looks great!!! Steve's computer/office area is in Dylan's room too. It works for now!

The Osborne's said...

I love the babies room!!