Thursday, January 17, 2008

11 Weeks!

Yeah, it's just 11 weeks until my due date. That's 77 days. When I say it in days it sounds far away, but 11 weeks seems really close! There's still so much to do. I have to buy lots of things for this little guy. Who would have thought that one little person would require so many things to keep him clean, dry, fed, clothed, happy, and who knows what else? I have clothes and blankets to wash, classes to attend, good food to eat (which by the way, as of late, has not been going well). For example, I wanted cupcakes, so I bought funfetti cake that has the little colored chips in it, and then I covered them in vanilla frosting and sprinkled colored confettti candy on top, and they are so good! I sent a couple to work with Josh the other day, but the rest just stay here and beg to be eaten. And I must say, I've enjoyed every one! Well, that's not to say that I've eaten every single one and there aren't any left. But of the ones I've eaten, none have been a disappointment :)

So where was I? Oh yes, lots of things left to do. I'm not overwhelmed right now, but it comes in spurts. Like last week I felt like I wouldn't get everything done, but this week has been a little more relaxing. I finished a fiction novel that I got for Christmas in just a few days. It was nice to read about someone else's life and get caught up in it, even if it wasn't real. And I've been putting together some ideas for a bridal shower that will be at our church in the spring. It'll be soon after the baby's born, so I wouldn't be able to decorate or even go for that matter (well, maybe I can, we'll see), but I wanted to help with it anyway. So I'm putting together the plan and the ideas and stuff, and then I'll pass them on for someone else to finish. I've organized the baby's room, but I'm sure I'll reorganize once I get more things, cause we are far from done. I just didn't want everything out and collecting dust, so in the drawers and on the shelves they go!

We have a dentist appointment coming up. Ugh, I hate the dentist. Ever since he found a mouthful of cavities that first time! He's a really nice guy, but it's very discouraging to brush your teeth every day and floss every day, only to hear that there's yet another cavity. I pray that won't be the case this time.

An evangelist couple is coming to our church on Sunday, and they found out they are having a girl! She is due about a week away from when my little guy's supposed to enter the world, so it was fun swapping stories with her that last time she was here. This time we'll have to compare bellies! And we bought them an outfit for their little one, cause it's just so fun to shop for babies!

Well, I guess that's all that's been happening or is going to happen. I don't have any pictures this time, sorry! Just know that the baby is doing well, and he reminds me of that every time he starts kicking at bedtime. It's like he has it in for me. He knows I need rest, but he makes it uncomforable on purpose! What a booger! He's already full of mischief, so I can only imagine what a handful he'll be once he's out here :)

4 comments:

Sara said...

Wow--only 11 weeks left? For real? That's insane!

Mmm Funfetti cupcakes...

OK, we'll let you get away with no pics this time... but you'd better have some next time! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Only 11 more weeks? That sounds so close! I enjoyed reading your blog. Each time I do it's like a little visit with you! Fun! Keep blogging! I miss you!

Eden said...

11 weeks will go by so fast with all the preparations!

Don't keep us in suspense...we want pics!!! lol

Hope you are having a great weekend! We'd love to hear from you.

Dave + Jess said...

Yay, 11 more weeks!!!!!!!!!! How's the nursery shaping up? Did I tell you that April 2nd is my brother Nick's bday? Fun times!!