Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Baby Shower


My mom and my sister put together a baby shower for me while I was visiting for Christmas. They were going to make it a surprise, but they ended up telling me so I could look forward to it, and also so I would bring extra suitcases for the gifts. The room in the church was decorated so adorable! It was a Disney Baby theme, and the balloons over the food table were blue and yellow. And speaking of food, it was all desserts! A very good idea in my opinion :) Everything that I tried was good, and a lot of people came. I got to see some old friends. Even my friend from high school came and brought her 7-month old. He is so cute :) Ok, so let me show you decoration pictures. The first pic has me and my sister at the food table (no surprise there), and you can see the decorations that were hanging above us. Oh yeah, we took a picture of the cake too. A close family friend made it, and not only did it look good, but it tasted yummy as well.








Here are some of my friends from high school that were able to make it. In the second picture you can see Dylan, my friend's 7-month old, being held by his grandma. Well, you can only see the back of his head in this picture, but trust me, he was adorable! He was so good during the night and he was all smiles for people.







I opened a lot of gifts--it seemed never ending :) I got lots of gift cards, mostly to Babies R Us, but I also got one to The Children's Place and one to Bath and Body Works, for some mommy pampering after the baby's here. That one will be fun to spend, but so will the others. Josh and I both love to shop for this kid already. I also got lots of outfits and onesies and blankets and books. Everyone was so generous and we had a great time.








So many people were involved to make this night happen. For starters, the guests provided the desserts, and a family friend made the cake, as I said before. Another family friend helped with the decorating and setup. And my family did so much as well. They set up the night before, including a brother or two of mine :). My mom sent out the invitations and bought me a corsage, my sister Sara greeted everyone, ran the game, and gave the challenge. My SIL Jess wrote down all the gifts I got, and my other SIL Eden took all the pics and some video to document the evening. Thank you everyone! It was great!

5 comments:

Christi said...

How fun!! Those desserts look yummy!! And the cake is awesome!! How fun to get to see old friends too :-)

Eden said...

Thank you for the priviledge of being the photographer of your baby shower! I enjoyed it!

I never got a piece of the cake. Now I want to know what it tasted like! lol

Glad you had a good shower and that you received lots of things for BC.

Love you guys!

Sara said...

Aww, I love that pic of me and Mom. Esp. since I just came from reading Jess's latest blog entry. :)

I'm glad you had such a nice shower. It was a lot of fun putting it together (and much easier to do when we didn't have to keep it a surprise from you, lol).

I love you!

Anonymous said...

It was fun putting on your shower & I had lots of help! I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Now you have another baby shower to look forward to!

Unknown said...

Love the pictures---you had a great shower, and a lot of nice stuff for the baby! Glad u got to see Dylan! :)