Monday, November 19, 2007

Not Much

Today's an ugh day. I don't feel great, but I can't really pinpoint where the uckiness is coming from. Well, I'm more stuffy today than usual. See, I've been congested every day in my second trimester, so I attribute it to being pregnant. It's amazing how much stuff can come out of one nose (TMI!). But usually I blow in the morning and i'm good till the evening. But for today i've been sniffly and blowy throughout the morning and afternoon. I don't think it's a cold. And then, not to get too detailed, but food has not been digesting well today. It's not a great day, but I'm surviving :)

I'm so frustrated with sleeping lately. And I feel so bad for Josh, cause he feels every toss and turn, even more so now, cause I move a lot slower in bed. So if I want to roll over, it takes twenty seconds to get it done, instead of three. I can't seem to fall asleep easily. I'm wide awake for an hour, and then sometimes I get up to watch TV to help me get tired and so Josh can get some sleep. I eventually fall asleep, but since it takes a while, I end up sleeping in the next day, but sometimes I am still tired even though I've had enough hours of rest. Or, when Josh says goodbye in the AM, I'm suddenly wide awake and I can't go back to sleep. So I'm up at seven eating breakfast cause I'm so hungry, but then I fall asleep later on, or sometimes I don't. It's so annoying.

Oh, we signed up for baby classes at the hospital. There's one in January that only meets one night, and then the ones that are a couple weeks long are in February. Then there's one in March too, I think.

There was a baby dedication in church yesterday, and Josh and I were talking about our own kid for when the time comes. We've talked before, but still no definite conclusions. We're not sure we want to do one. I mean, the whole time we're pregnant we're praying for our son and dedicating him to God, so why the formal ceremony, you know? They can be long too, especially at our church. Now the one yesterday was very long, but that's cause both parents gave testimony about their baby's name and how they decided to have another child. It was wonderful how God worked in their lives for months over this, and it was encouraging to hear. Ours wouldn't be that long, but our pastor also does this mini-message for the parents too, and then he gives the baby their first New Testament Bible. Then the deacons and paretns/grandparents all pray for the baby to be saved at a young age. When our niece lived nearby, we liked hers. The pastor had the church do vows, like at a wedding. It was like "do you promise..." and they'd say, "I do" or something like that. I think they promised to do their best to influence the child the right way. The parents even said vows, so it was simple and to the point. In the church I grew up in, it was even more concise, which is what I'm used to. The parents bring the child to the front of the church, and the pastor holds the baby and says the whole name and when he was born, that kind of stuff. Then he prays for the kid, and that's that. So we're not sure if we even want to do one, but if we do, then what kind do we like best?

Well, this entry turned out longer that I had planned. I was just gonna write a couple things, but I got all wordy. Oh well :) Happy Thanxgiving!!

Oh wait, one more thing. We're having revival services at church yesterday and tonight, and Josh and I know the evangelist and his wife from college. Get this, Shannon is due with her first baby one week after me! It was so much fun to talk pregnancy and compare/contrast our symptoms. It's nice to be at the same stage in my pregnancy as someone else and have a chance to talk with her about it. Encouraging too. We'll have to keep in contact with them so we can swap baby pictures and stuff.

Ok, that's all. I'm done now :)

5 comments:

Sara said...

Sorry you haven't been feeling well--runny noses are a pain!

The baby class we took was once a week for 6 weeks--sounds like you're taking the speedy version, lol.

We talked about doing a baby dedication for Ari, and then just kind of never got around to it. But like you said, it's not like it makes us any less committed as parents, or means we pray for her any less. I think it's a cool idea, but I also like the idea of a short, simple ceremony. I think the baby would prefer that, too. :)

That's cool that you found someone who's due around the same time as you. My friend Kristin was due 2 wks after me, and it was so much fun to have someone to talk to who was right there with me, experiencing most of the same things at the same time. And now that our kids are here, it's so much fun to hang out and compare/contrast them. It's amazing how different they are. :)

Love you, sis!

Eden said...

Sorry you're not feeling very good, Mary.

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon! Hopefully finding out about another baby shower today brightened your day! Have you tried taking a nice long hot bubble bath before bed? Or reading before bed? Maybe that would help relax you. Also praying in bed usually puts me to sleep sooner rather than later. :) Just a couple of ideas that worked for me!

Anonymous said...

By the way which childbirth class did you sign up for anyway?

Unknown said...

The first church I attended did baby dedications (but my parents didn't do them when they had me and my sisters), but our current church doesn't do them. But I guess it would be nice to a small ceremony. :)