Monday, November 12, 2007

I'm Sleeping With Another Man

We're having a boy!! We just found out today, and we're both really excited. We'd been praying for a boy, so it was awesome when the ultrasound technician showed us the incriminating parts. My husband was able to come cause he had the day off work--we gave each other a high-five when we saw that it was a boy. My mother-in-law and sister-in-law were able to come to the appointment as well. It was fun to have a couple people there so we could share the immediate excitement with them. The baby's 11 ounces, and his heart rate's right on track too. His spinal cord is completely closed, and he's got all 4 chambers of his heart. It's amazing what we could see on the screen! We saw the umbilical cord, his little feet, and even his bladder. I have a few pictures below of some neat shots, and I'll try to explain them so you know what you are looking at.


This is a side view of his leg. His foot is on the right side of the picture, and the two white lines across the middle of the picture are his leg bones. So you can see his calf and his thigh, and on the left is his pelvic region and cute little tushy!


This one has an arrow pointing to his hand on the right side of the photo. You can see part of his arm, his wrist, and four of his fingers are curled up. His thumb is sticking out, like he's trying to hitchhike or something.


This is the best full body view we got. His feet are touching each other on the left, and a little above that you can see his bent knee. You can even see the umbilical cord to the right of his knee, but it's kind of faint. His face is so clear on the right side of the photo. His round skull, his eye socket, a little nose, and it even looks like he's smiling. Well, his mouth is open anyway. Josh says he's got my chin already :)

We went to Babies R Us after the appointment, since it's right across the street from the doctor's office. We wanted to buy his first outfit from us, but we didn't find anything that stood out. We've got time to find something though. We did register for a couple more things, like some blue blankets, and my mom-in-law bought me my first baby book! It's really cute, and I can start filling out some things in it now, like when I felt him move, and I can put ultrasound pictures in it also. It was a long and tiring day. When we got home we cooked up a frozen pizza (I was too tired to cook anything) and we watched Ratatouille. It was a relaxing finish to an exciting day.

6 comments:

Eden said...

Sweet! We're going to have a nephew!! We're going to have a nephew!!! I just knew you had to have the first boy!!! God answers our prayers doesn't he?!?!?

Love the ultrasound pics of my favorite nephew!

Looking forward to seeing you in December! We love you guys!

Sara said...

Yay yay yay! I am so glad you were able to find out that he's a boy! Those are some really good u/s pics--I could figure out what most of the stuff in them was without you even telling me. And usually I'm no good at stuff like that :)

I see the words "baby boy" on the last pic--so I guess if we look closely enough, we'll be able to tell he's a boy, huh? ;)

Also, I love the title of this entry--so wrong, but so funny! :)

Love you sis--and my NEPHEW! :D

Christi said...

Yay - A Boy!!! How exciting :-) I'm so happy for you guys!! Hey - if you're still looking for a cute outfit - you should check out Kohl's. Sometimes they have cute stuff and usually have good deals!!! But like you said - you have plenty of time to find something. Maybe BRU will have a better selection after Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you & Josh! It's a boy! Although your title caught me off guard! It'll be fun to have a grandson to buy things for! Great ultrasound pics, so clear! We can hardly wait to see you pregnant when you arrive next month! I agree with Josh, your son does have your chin! I think he has Josh's eyes though! ENJOY!

Dave + Jess said...

You have such clear ultrasound pictures!! I like that I can read them all by myself and don't need D to interpret...although he does anyway...him going into Radiology and all. A boy! I didn't know you were praying for one, so I'm glad your prayer was answered!! He looks so comfy in there, too adorable!!!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats!!! Man, we all have boys (me, Martha, and now you)! Several of my friends are having/had boys. There must be something in the air!!! Soooo happy for you!!!