Thursday, August 13, 2009

We're Back, I Promise

Well, we survived vacation. This week is now devoted to recovering from vacation. Isn't that always how it is, though? You take a vacation to get away from the everyday and have a nice break, but somehow you wind up exhausted and needing more rest once you get home. Interesting phenomenon.

Anyway, I've got vacation pictures and all, but I haven't even begun to sort through them or try to put them on my blog yet. Like I said, this week has been about recovery. Josh and I have been going to bed early and putting Matthew to bed early. He's had it the hardest. While we were away, his naps were not consistent, and we were in the car alot, and it was a new place with new faces. On the plane ride home he was so weary that he actually passed out on Josh's shoulder for about 40 minutes.

His naps this week have gotten progressively longer each day, and that encourages me that he's getting back into a familiar schedule. He's started to roll and chew on his tongue this week, and he's grown more confident in trying to walk and stand on his own.

Oh yeah, we came home Sunday and we had a not-so-pleasant greeting. Everything was in it's place, but it was really hot in our house. Nothing unusual yet, since we set the air to go off at a higher setting. The surprise came when we set it back down to get the place cooled off, and nothing happened. Yup, our AC decided to kick the bucket while we were away, and it happened to be one of the hottest weekends too. Our internet and phone were also dead, all thanks to a severe lightning storm that occured on the Tuesday we were away. Our neighbors filled us in on that info and loaned us some more fans to cool us down.

Praise the Lord we found a guy that came Monday morning to figure out our problem with the air. The ciruit board in the furnace was shot, so we had to get it replaced, and not at a cheap price. It ended up taking all day to get it done, cause our guy's GPS would not get him to the store that sold the part. Then when he made it back here, he discovered they gave him the wrong part. So he had to go back and then install it, which took time with the many wires this piece had. Thankfully he got everything fixed, and the Time Warner Cable guy took our bad modem and gave us a new one at no cost. We have an old TV up in our room, and the lightning blew the speakers on it. It's ok, we wanted to get a new one anyway.

Did I mention we vacationed in NH where you can enjoy the cool mountain air, and then we came home to a muggy weekend with no AC? Ugh, it was not fun at all. But we made it through, and it's all good. Here are some non-vacation videos for you.


Matthew eating one of his favorite foods, strawberries.



I took this just today. He's started to make the "o" sound, and his lips look so cute when he forms them.


Vacation stuff will come, eventually...

3 comments:

Moz + Pam said...

Great you posted videos! I need my Matthew fix! I MISS him! I noticed 2 of his new books in the 2nd video. You had a power outage? Did you have any food in your refrigerator/freezer? Did it spoil? Looking forward to your vacation posts. Sara's already started.

Janelle said...

I am glad you are home and hope you recover soon!
That stinks about your ac! What a bummer!
I love,love the first video! I was cracking up.
Thanks for the advice on my blog comment. I am looking forward to lunch tomorrow, we can talk more than.
Love ya!

Unknown said...

I can totally relate about being so exhausted even after a vacation! lol Glad u had a good time!

Have you thought of names for ur little girl??? :)