Saturday, August 29, 2009

Food and a Good Find **EDIT**

Some random musings about food:

--Earlier this week, I cut open a peach for Matthew and I to share at breakfast, and it was the most beautiful peach you've ever seen. The juice dripped out as the blade of the knife cut through, and the inside color was just amazing. The flesh was so yellow, and right by the pit it was the deepest of burgundys. It tasted just how it sounds--perfect.

--A deli sandwich is so good, am I right? But when you add sliced tomatoes, it brings it to a whole new level.

--I totally had a craving the other night for a Subway sandwich: tuna on wheat with lettuce, tomato, and cucumber. It seemed that it would be so refreshing at 9 o'clock at night. But I never found out, cause I didn't get one. And I'm pretty sure they're not open that late anyway.



We went to some garage sales today, and we parked by a tree that had some squished nuts on the ground. Upon closer inspection I discovered they were buckeyes! I'd never seen a buckeye tree before, so I was really excited. Josh even cracked one open and brought it home.


We also found a Little Tikes work bench for $10! I was so excited, cause I had recently thought about getting something like that for Matthew for Christmas. Those kinds of things can be expensive, but the Lord found us a great deal, and Matthew loves it.

**BEGIN EDIT**

Matthew with said work bench.

And sticking his tongue out at Daddy.

**END EDIT**

And here's just a couple pictures of our boy growing up before our eyes.



7 comments:

Janelle said...

Yay for finding the bench for a good deal. That's awesome!

Moz + Pam said...

Great deal on the workbench! Adoreable pictures of Matthew, too! Too cute! I need my Matty fix! ;)

Sara said...

LOL at all the food talk... :)

Ari was so excited to see pictures of Baby Matthew! :)

Christi said...

I love the pic of him walking with his walker - he has such a huge cheesy grin!! :-)

dave + jess said...

wow, what a deal on that work bench!! i just showed mom something similar for $30, which i thought was a good deal! just today micah was dipping into david's toolbox and playing with the real things...ugh. and whenever he sees my dad's generator out (that's hooked up to a nail gun...), guess what he likes to play with?! fortunately, there's an off button on that. what's up with little men and their (dad's/grandpa's) tools?!

Moz + Pam said...

WOW! Now that I see the picture of the workbench, it's in new condition, you got a super deal!!

Christi said...

yeah - great deal on the workbench - it looks to be in awesome condition!! :-)