Monday, August 17, 2009

A Picture Look Plus a Video

We spent a couple nights at the pool. Ari loves to swim, and Matthew's never been, so it was a good opportunity.


Ari looked so goofy in those goggles :)

A cool family pic if it wasn't so blurry. See, when I used the flash, it came out dark. And when I took the flash off, the picture was brighter, but they tended to be blurry.

A cute father/son picture. I got a few of those on this trip.

Matthew wasn't too sure of Ari's floatie device. He wasn't too sure of the water in general. It took him a while to warm up to all these new experiences.



The Willey House
We went to a historical landmark called The Willey House. There's a nice pathway to walk on, a gift shop, and ducks to feed.

More sunscreen. Oh, I guess there is another picture of him with his hat on. But I'm pretty sure he took it off before we left the parking lot.


My two boys posing oh so nicely for me.


Matthew checking out the ducks.


Ok, I know it's not a picture of Ari's face, but I love this one, cause you can see the ripples in the water coming off her finger. I think it's pretty cool anyway.


More ducks. I like how you can see the V trail behind each one.


Me and my hunny.


A candid of my family. And yes, that's my sister's candid face. She always looks like that in pictures ;)

Silver Cascade
There are many beautiful waterfalls along the roadside, one of which is the Silver Cascade. We all stopped there for a little while. I stayed at the bottom with Matthew and my parents and my grandmother, while everyone else climbed higher. Josh took these pretty shots.







The Cog Railway and Boise Rock

A much needed juice break.


A sibling picture.


Future model :)


Mount Washington


Family picture in front of the cog. There's four of us here, can you tell? ;)


There was a little museum indoors that gave the history of the railway and all. Matthew and Ari liked the more interactive components, such as this part of the train.



We are so strong. With Tony on top there, it made it much heavier ;)


I guess Josh must have taken this one. We're on our way to get some fresh mountain water--yum! Some days we spent much time in the car, so whenever Matthew had a chance to get out and walk around, we let him. Those little legs need to stretch too, you know.


FOOD!!

After a long hard day of sightseeing and such, we found a local pizza joint that was so yummy! We got Matthew spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread, while Josh and I had salads and a meat lover's pizza.

I love their expressions here.


Yeah, I know, we look awesome, don't we? :)


Matthew was eager for food, but it's impossible for him to understand that the chef has to cook it and yadda yadda. Luckily I happened to find a basket of blocks for the kids to play with. And we entertained ourselves with some trivia cards they had.




Mm, dessert! We hit a local ice cream place and I got my fav--black raspberry ice cream. They had this elaborate play area for the kids, and Matthew and Ari had a good time there.


Alright, that's all the pictures for this entry. I think I can get the rest into one more, so be watching for a final installment...

2 comments:

Moz + Pam said...

Great pictures all of which I stole! ;) In that picture with Matthew & his hat you can see his hand taking it off already! LOL! :)

Janelle said...

Oh...pretty waterfall! The sibling picture turned out so nice.