Friday, July 31, 2009

It's a Girl!

We had our ultrasound at 22 weeks, and we found out we are expecting a baby girl! We weren't surprised at all, since we both have been thinking it's a girl, and everyone has been guessing a girl. She's healthy, and 1 lb. 4 oz., which the tech said is big. And then I was like, great, just what I need, another heavyweight (Matthew was 9 lb. 5 oz). But my doctor said her weight is only a week off from my due date, which isn't uncommon. He didn't sound concerned, but I'm sure we'll have an ultrasound later on to see how big she's gonna be. He also said my placenta is lying low, so they'll check on that with an ultrasound later too, cause if that stays low, it could interfere with the delivery.

Ok, enough with the boring doctor details. How about some pics? The tech took a bunch, but I only put up two, cause some weren't clear, and others were repeats. I tried to pick the best from the bunch.

These profile pictures came out so clear I think. In this you can see her little arm across the top of the pic. The bright white line is the arm bone.



This is another of her profile, but this time she has her tongue sticking out. What a silly girl. And the round thing it appears she's trying to lick is her hand.

I was gonna put up the pic that really shows she's a girl, but it looked clearer on the monitor than it does when it's printed out, so I didn't bother. But trust us, it's a girl. We're not really doubting this fact.

Matthew was good during the ultrasound, but it seemed to take a while, so he got restless, which is to be expected. Our girl was good too, but she didn't like the wand prodding and poking her, so she let me know by punching and kicking me. Josh was there, of course, and Grammy came along for the good news too. It was nice to share the moment with family, and the extra set of arms to hold Matthew wasn't bad either. We even went over to Babies R Us afterwards to pick up a girly-looking baby book. All in all, a good morning. Now I have to finish packing, for our vacation begins this weekend!

10 comments:

Christi said...

awww!! congrats!! :-)

Amber Jones said...

Congrats!! Hope she's not too big for ya! Can't wait to meet her . . . Matthew will be a great big bro!

Unknown said...

a little girl! congrats!

Janelle said...

Yay for a girl:)

Unknown said...

hey I was just thinking---you broke the HCA class of 2001 baby boy streak of 4! hahaha ;)

Steve and Eden said...

Congrats you guys!!! I had a feeling it would be a girl too!

Moz + Pam said...

Congratulations you guys! Matthew's going to be a great big brother! Can't wait to meet our newest grandgirl!

A day in the life of said...

Perfect! A boy and girl! You must be excited to dress and do girly things!

dave + jess said...

Yay, a girl! Your pregnancy is going by fast for me :). I was surprised you already got your ultrasound until you told me you were already 22 weeks along! Looks like she has a cute button nose...we'll see in a few months!

Erickson's said...

YEAH - so excited for you and Josh. Bring on the baby clothes shopping!!! Little girl clothes are so cute! Hope these next few months go by quickly!