Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Picture Look Finale

Another morning opening gramma's gift. Matthew is such a boy--so into cars and points them out whenever he sees them.


During one outing we made sure to get a 4 generation picture: my dad, me, Matthew, and my grandmother, Mahmon Bazorg.


Then we switched out Josh for my dad. Matthew smiled so well for these pictures.


And my family (Sara, Tony, and Ari were at Storyland this day): my colege-age brother Pete, my dad, my mom, and my grandmother.


Cannon Mountain

We took a gondola ride up Cannon Mountain, and there was a nice hiking trail to an observation deck. We got some pretty scenery shots.
And that's not one of them :)


Ok, that's better, now that my silly husband is out of the way.


Josh, aka Adventure Boy, deviated from the trail many times and went closer to the edges than I dared to go. He found this pretty mountain flower out there.


Not staged, I promise. Well, it sort of was. I had my camera all set to take the shot, but then Josh turned around too soon. So I made them turn around again so I could capture this look.


Love this one. They both look so cute!


This sign showed us the division between Cannon State Park and the White Mountain National Forest.


More scenery.


A reward for all that hiking he did. Well ok, he was carried the whole way, but we had him climb some of the stairs of the observation deck, so his little legs got a workout.


Family picture (obviously)


The Last Day

Ari had this Mickey Mouse Clubhouse playset thingy, and I think that was Matthew's favorite thing to play with all week. It was pretty cool. Even I liked playing with it.


I had to find time to get a pic with my favorite sister!


And Matthew made sure that Daddy made time to wrestle with him.


Here's my 5-month belly picture! I compared this pic to when I was pregnant with Matthew at 5 months, and I think I'm a little bigger. In fact, I think it's closer to my 6 month Matthew pic.


We went to the outlet mall nearby because they were having sidewalk sales, and for lunch we hit Burger King. Matthew is already trying to take off the crown.


The night before we left, Ari wanted to come into our room to say goodnight to "Baby Matthew." Then somehow they both ended up jumping on the bed. Crazy kids.

The Ride Home

We stopped in Massachusetts to visit my grandpa. So yes, we took another 4 generation picture.


Matthew really liked his great-grandpa and had a great time using his walker and playing peek-a-boo.


We also made another stop to see Matthew's great uncle on my side, Ahmoo Hesam. Both were short visits, but it gave us nice family time and a chance for Matthew to move around and not be stuck in a car the whole time.


And that pretty much sums up our week long vacation. The flight home was uneventful. Matthew was more uncooperative than normal, but a week of little naps and fewer sleeping hours was catching up to him. He actually fell asleep on the plane on Josh's shoulder for about 40 minutes. He looked so precious and exhausted, but I didn't want to snap a picture and make him wake up.

The first week we were home, Matthew had trouble adjusting back into decent naps. They got longer as each day went on though, and now it's better. A definite plus since we've been home: Matthew's been "sleeping in." He used to sleep 10 hours at night, but now it's more like 11 or 11 1/2. Oh yeah, this is one happy mommy, and we've got a happy daddy on the weekends. Matthew's benefitting too. He's a happier boy with more sleep for sure.

2 comments:

Moz + Pam said...

It was a full but fun week, wasn't it? I think my favorite shot is the 1 through those trees where all the mountains look blue in the distance! That was 1 of your shots, wasn't it?

Janelle said...

The scenery pictures are so pretty! Your Grandma is just adorable! And I love the pic of Matthew/Grandpa with the walker...very cute!