Monday, June 2, 2008

A Game and a Giggle

I've got two videos for your enjoyment. The first one features Matthew's new game. He's discovered that he can get our attention by sticking his tongue out at us. Then when we do it back, he does it again, and we'll go back and forth like this for a couple minutes. We have so much fun with him! It's awesome to see that flicker of light in his eye that means he really knows what he's doing. It's amazing how smart babies are. In fact, just this morning I caught him playing this game by himself. I put him in his swing while I took a shower, and when I checked on him, he was smiling at the toys hanging above his head and sticking his tongue out at them. I was really happy to see that, because he hasn't really liked his swing too much. Maybe now that he knows the toys are there, it will be fun for him. Anyway, enough jabbering. Here's the video.

And this one has a cute giggle in it. Josh got him to laugh a couple weeks ago, but we haven't had a repeat performance until last night. He would smile really big and look like he was about to laugh, but it just wouldn't come. I'm glad we were able to catch it on video. Hopefully he'll start laughing more--it's gonna be so cool!


5 comments:

Moz + Pam said...

Is there anything sweeter than a baby's giggle? Matthew has an adoreable giggle that brought smiles to Grampa & Gramma's faces! Thanks for sharing. I'm glad you could capture it on video! Bring on more Matthew videos!

Steve and Eden said...

Oh! Matthew is precious! Love the smiles and giggles!

Dave + Jess said...

Too cute, all that smiling and giggling!! I love when they get more interactive and responsive. His gummy smile is too adorable!!

Sara said...

I know just what you mean about that "flicker" in their eyes when they start to understand something. Get used to it, because it will just happen more and more often through the next year or so! :)

The giggle just melted me--so sweet! Even now, I still love Ari's giggles. It's one of the best sounds in the world. :)

Janelle said...

The first video is not working for me right now so I will have to come back later to watch it. However, I did see you and Josh playing that game with Matthew in Sunday School. I wanted to laugh out loud but Dave's song was playing. It was very distracting..ha! It was pretty cute!