Thursday, June 19, 2008

Happy Anniversary!



Yesterday marked three years of happily ever after for us. Boy, has it been three years already? It's gone by so fast, yet it also sounds so short. Only three years? It feels like much longer, and I mean that in a good way. I love being married to my husband, as you can tell from this picture. It's from our honeymoon at Estes Park, Colorado. I'd never been out west, and Josh used to live out there and wanted to go back, so voila! That's where our first vacation together was. And it was a surprise for me too. He didn't tell me where we were going until we sat down to eat at our reception. The only clue he had given me prior to that was to buy hiking boots. We went horseback riding and walked around the small town at the bottom of the mountain, and we even drove along Trail Ridge Road, the highest road in the USA I believe. Two of my favorite memories there involved food. They had this old-fashioned ice cream parlor, and I got my all-time fav. Do you remember what it is? Ok, I'll tell you--black raspberry! And Josh got an apple pie shake, and they put an actual piece of apple pie in it. I had a sip, and it was very tasty. The other food memory was unexpected. When we checked into our room (which was gorgeous by the way), I found a breakfast basket in the fridge. Josh had ordered it extra, so we had orange juice, oranges, bananas, bacon, eggs, and bagels for a couple mornings. Josh is the perfect egg-maker I must say.

I was gonna put up a wedding picture, but they are on a separate CD, and I don't want to go digging for it. So back to the present, Josh and I got each other sweet cards, and then he bought me flowers after church. They were very beautiful, and the card he got me was so perfect! I was smiling so big that I could barely read it. Oh, and he also called me from work just to tell me he loved me. And I know that doesn't sound like much, but he's usually so busy at work that he doesn't have time for small things like that. It was so special to me that he took time out of his day just for me. It really is the little things that leave the lasting memories. I love you, hunny! Kisses!!

7 comments:

Moz + Pam said...

Happy, happy 3rd anniversary! Hope you got our card on time! Great picture of you two! Love you lots!

Steve and Eden said...

Happy 3rd Anniversary!!! I like that pic of you both!

Sara said...

Happy Anniversary, you 2! :)

Christi said...

That is a good picture of you guys!! Happy Anniversary!! :-)

Unknown said...

Happy 3rd anniversary!

Janelle said...

Happy Anniversary!

Dave + Jess said...

Wow, where did 3 years go?!? That means we're coming up on our 4th...and where did those years go!?! Happy Anniversary, I'm so glad Josh made it special for you!!