Thursday, May 22, 2008

An Unexpected Blessing

On Tuesday I went to my in-laws house in the afternoon to hang out. Grammy and the aunts had fun holding Matthew and trying to get him to smile. He had one meltdown while I was there, but that's because he was hungry ahead of schedule. Once we got that taken care of, he was his more charming self. Near the end of the visit he got a tad fussy, but Grammy took care of that by getting him to fall asleep in her arms. And here's the unexpected part: Josh's mom made dinner for us and sent it home with me! It was the perfect day for it too, because I was not feeling well. I had a fever and I was really tired. It was very nice to have dinner all ready for us to eat. Thank you for being a blessing, Mom! :)

3 comments:

Dave + Jess said...

Ready-mades are such a blessing. We all pitched in with dinners for a friend who just had her baby. She was so thankful that she just had to open the fridge and heat something up. I can see where that'd be very convenient!

Lots of kisses to those Matthew-cheeks!!

Christi said...

Yay for dinner!! I hope you are feeling better. I love the video in your last post. He's a cute little guy - that is for sure. I bet he's changed so much since I saw him last!!

Steve and Eden said...

You have an awesome MIL!