Sunday, January 3, 2010

"Consider Your Ways" Haggai 1:5,7

This morning our Pastor challenged us with these 10 questions at the turn of the new year:

1.What is one thing that I could do this year to increase my enjoyment of God?

2.What's the most humanly impossible thing I will ask God to do this year?

3.What's the single most important thing I could do to improve the quality of my family life this year?

4.In which spiritual discipline do I most want to make progress this year, and what will I do about it?

5.What is the single biggest time waster in my life, and what will I do about it?

6.What is the most helpful new way I could strengthen my church this year?

7.For whose salvation will I pray most fervently for?

8.What one thing could I do to improve my prayer life this year?

9.What single thing that I plan to do this year will matter most in 10 years/in eternity?

10.What's the most important decision I need to make this year?

It's not enough to say Oh, those are great questions. We should first answer them and then act upon them.

1 comment:

Moz + Pam said...

That sounds like a great sermon! Our church's new theme for 2010 is "Take the Next Step"!