Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Chunky Monkey

Esther had her 2-month appointment Monday, and this also began her first round of immunizations. She screamed of course, and Matthew was upset for her as well. But he calmed down when I pointed out her cool Band-aids, and Esther was fine once I picked her up and nursed her. The doctor said she is doing great--that's always nice to hear. And obviously she's growing well, as you can see from her stats below.

Height: 23.5 in. (90th%)
Weight: 14 lbs. 7 oz. (97th%)

I've been so tired lately that I can never think of what to say on here. I know I have stuff to tell you about the kids, but my brain can't seem to put it into words.

Matthew's been losing sleep due to his getting out to bed. It's decreased, but last night he got up in the middle of the night a few times. Fortunately he slept in til 7. His normal lately has been just before 6, and if he doesn't get a good nap, then the losing sleep cycle continues. And when he's tired like that he cries over small, silly things and throws fits easier too. All the ingredients for a fun-filled day.

Esther grabbed a toy for the first time yesterday. She likes to sit up and see what her brother's doing. She's got pretty good neck control too. She's very alert and active, but she lets us know when she's getting tired. She is the queen of short naps though. She'll sleep for like 30 or 45 minutes, and when she wakes up she's still tired and finds it even harder to go back to sleep. Ideally she should sleep about an hour and a half to her next feeding, but when she wakes up prematurely, she wants to eat even though she's not really hungry. And if I feed her she gets too full and pukes all over the place. Ah, another crazy cycle.

Don't get me wrong, I love my kids and I love being a mother, but just like anybody else in the working world, I do get tired of my job from time to time. I take my hat off to working moms, who seem to juggle motherhood and the career world effortlessly. And kudos to the dads out there who are like my husband. They work hard at a demanding job all day, come home late, and then spend time with their kids and help out the wife. They put away dinner and give baths to the kids. And then on top of that, they assist with things that happen in the middle of the night, such as a toddler getting out of bed or bouncing a fussy baby to sleep. By the way, thank you, Josh. You are a wonderful husband and hard worker--we make a good team, you and me. It's a good thing we got married :)


Ok, now for some pictures...

Goofing off under the table

"O"

Not fully awake one morning

Now you know where he gets his goofiness.

Smiles for Mommy

Girl talk

Hanging out together

A true Baptist baby--sporting denim for a church function :)

Aw, his arm is around her!

First time holding her without any help. He was a little nervous.

See? She likes to sit up. Told ya so.

Daddy always has time for us, no matter how long his work day is.

He's usually pretty excited when we specifically give him permission to touch sissy.

Shaking Mickey

Playing in the basement while I did some laundry.

I like her expression here.

Esther...

...and Matthew around the same age. I think they're related, don't you?

3 comments:

Moz + Pam said...

Mary, Esther is definitely looking more & more like you! Oh my goodness! :) And 2 kids will get better, I promise, as they get older. Hang in there & remember & I had 3 three & under. You can do it! :)

Sara said...

Ha, I love the "goofiness" face. Yes, Matthew definitely has your weirdness.

Such sweet pictures of Esther! She's getting so big... I can't wait to see her!

OK, I think I'm caught up on your blog... for now... :)

Janelle said...

They def look alike now! Esther is getting so big. She is beautiful.
Hats off to good Moms like you who are so unselfish and so giving. Your rewards later will be great.
Sometime soon have me over so you can get some Mary time! love you!