Monday, November 17, 2008

Blessings from Above

I love how God is interested in the details of our lives. He's always there for the big things, but He also notices the little things. I'm sure there are many times that He works in my life, and I'm too busy to recognize it. But this week I saw two things happen, and I want to share them with you all. They aren't huge miracles or anything, but they are still great nonetheless.

We bought Matthew an exersaucer last week for $50. A couple days later my uncle sent us a $50 check for a baby gift. How awesome is that :)

Last night we put the humidifier in our room because the air is so dry. It's small, so we set it on the dresser. As we were trying to sleep, I couldn't for some reason. I kept tossing and turning, and eventually I heard this drip noise. At first I thought it was a watch ticking, and I asked Josh, and he said, "Oh, that's just the humidifier." Then he must have woken up more, cause he said next, "But the question is, why is the humidifier making that noise?" We turned on the light and discovered that the noise I heard was a drippping noise. The humidifier had leaked and we heard the dripping on the carpet. Who knows what kind of damage would have happened if it had done that all night.

And now I have a sweet story about me and Matthew. This morning I prepared Matthew for his morning nap. I put him up on my shoulder and rocked him in the rocking chair, and usually he squirms and pushes away until I hold him baby style. Which then starts some crying cause he likes to fights his naps. Today was different. He stayed on my shoulder. I was singing to him, and he moved his head back and forth to settle in, and he was asleep in about 5 minutes. I wanted to freeze that moment in time and stay like that forever. Those special cuddle times are fleeting, but I'm so glad I got one today :)

5 comments:

Christi said...

I love when stuff like that happens. Just reminds us that God cares - even about the little things :-)

I know exactly what you mean about cherishing the cuddle times. The last few days, Isabella has been extra clingy. I was doing something at the sink yesterday and she kept grabbing my legs wanting me to pick her up. I absoultely love it!! She has never been a super clingy baby - so I cherish every moment like that!!

Sara said...

Cool stories. Reminds me of some of the stuff that has happened to us... like the time we came home to find bags and bags of groceries on our doorstep. Or the time we came home to find $1000 cash in our mailbox. And another time when we got $200 cash. Nothing is impossible with God!

Your humidifier story reminds me of one of my own... after I gave birth to Ari, Tony was thinking about staying the night with me in the hospital, but I convinced him to go home, since I knew he'd be able to sleep at home (and what was the point of BOTH of us being up all night?). Well, when he got home, he discovered our hot water heater has burst and there was water on the floor of the closet. It wasn't too bad... but it could have much worse, esp if he'd stayed the night. Definitely a God-thing.

Yes, treasure those cuddly moments, b/once he gets really mobile (crawling, crusing, walking), they'll get more and more rare. :) Ari's had a few cuddly moments lately, and I just love them. :)

Moz + Pam said...

Praise the Lord for his small interventions in your life! He does care about the tiny details of our lives. Cherish every moment of cuddle time with Matthew. Soon he'll be on the go!

dave + jess said...

Cuddles are the best, Micah started that and I love it. I'm sure Matthew will love his new exersaucer, can't wait to see pictures of him in action!

We just bought Micah a play gym on eBay because they are just way too ridiculously-priced in the store...and I think the same uncle gave us a check, too :). God is awesome!

Janelle said...

God is so good! He gave me an extra large blessing this week, which I wrote about on my blog. But it so nice to be reminded that God does care about the small things. He is just so good!