Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Darkness Falls

Hurricane Ike made its way to our neck of the woods. We didn't get any rain, but the wind is what has given us trouble. It bent metal poles and took down gutters and broke brick walls. Oh yeah, and it took away our electricity. This happened Sunday afternoon. It is Tuesday night right now. I miss artificial lights and hot showers! I know we'll get power back eventually, but this is the longest I've ever gone without it. I don't think I can ever get used to it. During the day is fine, cause we've had windows open to let in the cool air and the sunshine. Evenings are the weird time, cause you can't do anything except turn on flashlights or watch the flickering flames of the candles. Fortunately we've had wonderful people nearby. We went to Josh's parent's house last night to hang out, and tonight we are spending time with Brian and Janelle. They've been so nice to let us use their shower and internet. I can't wait for life to get back to normal.

In other news, my sis-in-law had her baby, Matthew's first boy cousin, Micah Andrew! I've seen pictures, and he looks really cute. I can't wait to meet him someday :)

3 comments:

Moz + Pam said...

I'm praying your power comes on soon! I'm glad you were able to see Micah's pics! Isn't he adoreable?

Janelle said...

Thought I would read your blog after you left. Glad you got to come over:) I hope you get your power back soon!

Christi said...

I'm sorry you guys are still without power. Hopefully today it will come back!! It's funny - on Sunday at midnight when ours came back on - I was like - sheesh 9 hours without electricity - that's a long time. But now after hearing so many people who still don't have power - my perspective has changed - now I think "thank goodness we were only without power for 9 hours." Just give us a call if you need another place to come hang out for a while!! :-)