Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I'm Back, Sorta

Josh put up the last post, so this is my first time putting one up since having a baby. I must say that I am nowhere near feeling normal and like myself, but Josh keeps reminding me that it will come. And my sister is the best encouragement. Recovery could take six weeks or more, but she reminded me that I'm not going to feel this bad all the time. It will get better each day, and I'm looking forward to that. I love being a mom, but I don't like recovering from having a baby. I wish there was a way to skip that part :). Anyway, here are some pictures of our little guy around the house.


Ok, this one isn't around the house. Here he is at the hospital about to go home. I'm so glad his going-home outfit fit. It's newborn size, and because he is a big boy, I had Josh pick out a bigger outfit just in case.


Look, my first car ride in my new car seat! He didn't like it when we strapped him in, but what newborn does?


Matthew's first diaper change at home. They sent us home with Pampers newborn size diapers, but they don't fit him, so he's starting out in size one. That's our big boy!


Here he is all swaddled up in his crib. What a handsome boy. Of course I'm not biased or anything ;)


This is his grumpy face. Well, he wasn't really grumpy, but his face got all squished up when we put him in his swing.


And here are my two favorite men in the whole world!!

8 comments:

Moz + Pam said...

Great pics! I enjoyed them all! The last one with Josh & Matthew is awesome! Next time how about a pic with YOU & Matthew? I like Josh's glasses. Are they new? Looking forward to many more pics! Love all 3 of you!

Sara said...

Yay, more pictures!

I hope you're feeling better really soon. It was funny--I spent so much time/energy worrying about giving birth that it didn't even occur to me to think about how I'd feel afterwards. But you will get better little by little and in the meantime, don't push yourself too hard. Take it easy, sleep when Matthew sleeps, etc. I know everyone tells you that, but DO IT! ;)

Aww, he's already in size 1s? Wow, big boy! I just can't get over how beautiful his skin is--his complexion is amazing!

The grumpy face is great. Like he's all mad that you dared to put him down instead of holding him.

That last pic is fantastic--Josh is definitely a proud Daddy. :)

Love you!

Unknown said...

Love the pics...he's sooo cute. Hope you are feeling better. It took me about 6 weeks to get my strength back as well. Praying for ur recovery my dear!

Can you give me a lil update of ur labor process when you get the chance--I don't know all the details (through email if you want)!

Christi said...

Awwww.... he is getting cuter by the day!! :-) I hope you guys are doing well - and I hope you feel better soon!! I know that recovering is tough. But once it's over - you kinda forget all about it!!

Grateful Grammy said...

The pictures are really cute. He looks like a doll (the kind you buy at the store) in the car seat. The one of him in the swing reminds me of Grampy. Why do you think that is? About 50% of my favorite guys live at your house too.

Eden said...

Oh what darling pics of Matthew! completely agree with sara. Take it easy and relax.

size 1 already! wow! big boy!

Love the last pic of your favorite boys.

Janelle said...

I love the pics Mary. He looks so cute. I can't wait to see him again in person.
I am praying for you everyday. It makes me sad that you are not feeling good. I just hope you get to feeling like yourself real soon so you can really enjoy motherhood even more.
Love ya,

Dave + Jess said...

Sara's right, his complexion is really neat. It's almost the same as your Dad's...cool! How is he eating/sleeping? He looks like such a good little (well, relatively little, right?!) boy. Looks like he's putting all his new gadgets to good use. I'll be interested in finding out what you use and what you don't use so much of. Maybe I'll take a survey later...when I go to register for the big stuff.

Oh, and he totally has Ari-cheeks...look at them! Sooo kissable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!