Friday, April 4, 2008

Feeling Better


Look! I'm skinny again! Well, sorta ;) I found out today that I've lost 15 pounds. When I first got home from the hospital it was only 8, but you shoulda seen my legs. Well, trust me, you didn't want to. They were like elephant legs. My feet have never been so puffy, and my ankles were huge--I was swollen all the way up to my knees! Which is understandable, since I had an IV in me forever, so all that fluid had to drain outa me. But anyway, I'm feeling better today, and it's so encouraging to me. Josh will be going back to work on Monday, and I need to know that I can do this stuff on my own, like getting out of bed and getting up from a sitting position while holding the baby. Josh has been so great this week, and I've got some catching up to do. He's better at swaddling the baby and better at changing diapers, for now ;)

Oh, we got a really neat gift in the mail from Josh's aunts and grandma. Thank you so much! It's a personalized rocking horse with cookies and a teddy bear and some baby ointments. It's really cute :)


Oh, and one last pic of me and Matthew. I love him to death!


8 comments:

Sara said...

Wow, you look great! Isn't it amazing and weird to see that big ole' belly shrink like that? And then of course, it takes some time for it get to firm again. I still remember how squishy mine was, lol.

Tony was always better at swaddling Ari than I was. I guess because he's stronger?

That rocking horse is adorable. What a cool keepsake.

I love that last pic--he is such a sweetie! Now take some pics of him with his hat off, so we can see all that hair! ;)

Love you!

Eden said...

Mary, you look wonderful! It's super exciting when you suddenly lose all of that weight! What a blessing that Josh could take time off and help you and be there to bond with Matthew the first couple of days/week.

Steve was always better at swaddling than I was. I attribute it to the fact that I always rushed and he took his time to get it perfect.

Awesome gift! Very cute!

Love the last pic of you and Matthew. He's soo cute!

Glad that Sara is able to come out and help soon. Steve thought about me possibly coming to help you for a few days, but...

Christi said...

You look great!! I love the pic of you with Matthew. Swaddling must just be a guy thing - Brad was always in charge of that too!!

I'm glad you are starting to feel better. You'll do great on your own!! :-) But I'm sure you'll miss having Josh around. I was sad when Brad had to go back to work.

Well, we'll see ya tomorrow... Call if you need us to bring anything other than the food :-)

Grateful Grammy said...

Your weight loss is going really well. You will be back to your normal weight before you know it.

The rocking horse is really cute. I love anything with a baby's name on it.

Janelle said...

I am glad you are feeling better. You look beautiful!
Yeah Brian was better at swaddling too. Ha! J/K
Love ya!

Moz + Pam said...

Mary, you look so beautiful! I still remember what a great feeling it was to get back to normal, belly-wise. That's a really sweet picture of you & Matthew! I'm with Sara...how about some pics of him without the hat? We want to see his hair! You'll be fine when Josh goes back to work. I know what you mean though because Dad also helped me so much during recovery! I was nervous about being alone with the baby, too.

Dave + Jess said...

Wow, what a difference!! They say you lose your baby weight within the first month, esp if you breastfeed. I'm liking that deal!

You and Matthew look so cute together, so natural and comfy. How's he doing with everything? I'm sure you'll do just fine without Josh, although it's great to have the help.

Unknown said...

You look great!