Sunday, March 9, 2008

Snow Day!


We got our first blizzard since I've lived here, and it was awesome! We got at least a foot of snow--it was so much fun! My friend Ericka drove two hours to come see us. She had to drive through some snow, but she said the highway roads weren't bad, and she made it by dinnertime on Friday. She was coming to be at my baby shower on Saturday, but that got cancelled because of the storm. Unfortunately, she can't get the time off work to be here next weekend, when the shower will be. But such is life. She came this weekend to visit with us, and I got to open the gifts she bought us too.



After dinner, we headed to my in-laws' house where we spent the night. Even though Josh's dad and two sisters were away at a b-ball tournament, it was still a full house. Laura came home from college for spring break, and Sarah and Donald were staying at the house as well. And we stayed up late too, so it was kinda like a slumber party :). Josh brought the Wii with us, so we played that on Friday and Saturday. The snow stopped Saturday in the late afternoon, so Josh and Donald took to shovelling, while us gals stayed nice and warm and comfy inside the house :) When we got back to our apartment for dinner, our sidewalk had not been cleared (no surprise there), and we took some pics of my buried car.

(here's our sidewalk. What? You can't see it? Oh, that's cause management doesn't consider clearing sidewalks a top priority--they did clear it a little for Sunday morning, and it looked like they even put down some salt--how nice of them to save the best for last)


(and here's my car, all snug and cozy in her white winter blanket)


Then, get this, our church usually cancels services for bad weather, so we were watching the news stations to see the name, but we never saw it. I was kinda surprised that we were still gonna have service, but I was happy about it. We didn't go to Sunday school, and when we pulled into the parking lot, there was no one to be found. So yeah, morning services were cancelled, but we never saw the announcement or heard it on the radio. What a waste of gas! Tonight there is church, so we'll be there once again, but this time, there'll be others :).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was terribly sad when they told me we had to cancel your shower. What a bummer. Too bad your friend will not be able to join us next week. Will Laura still be here? And will Sarah still get to come? hope so. Hopefully you will get your shower sometime before the baby arrives! Ha! I can't believe you went all the way to church. See you tonight:)
Janelle

Eden said...

YOu did get pics of the snow!!! I just emailed and asked if you had. lol I love your car's new winter blanket! It does look cozy. I love that pic of you and Ericka. Sorry your shower was cancelled, but that will give everyone to do a little more shopping! lol

Hugs,
Eden

Dave + Jess said...

Look at all that snow!!!!!!! We just got torrential rains, hail, and very high winds. I like your snow better! Glad everyone was safe...and now you have another week to look forward to your shower! :)

Moz + Pam said...

Sorry your baby shower got cancelled! At least you had fun @ your slumber party! (I thought guys weren't allowed @ slumber parties?!) ;) I'm glad you enjoyed your snow. I'm so ready for spring this year!! Enjoy your baby shower next Saturday! FUN!!

Sara said...

We had rain all weekend--I much prefer that to snow. I would not be anywhere near as excited as you about a foot of snow.

Look, it's Ericka! She's so sweet--I'm glad she got to visit with you.

Yeh, our apt complex sucks about clearing snow too... or, they clear the sidewalks, and then end up burying them again when the plows push all the snow up against them. I am ready for winter to be over.

*points and laughs at you for going to cancelled church*

:D