Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Pinched Nerve=Pain in the Butt

Since Sunday I've been dealing with a pinched nerve on the left side of my lower back. Well, it's actually lower than my back, that's why I call it a pain in the butt, cause it's somewhere in that area. It's more like in my pelvis, which is in the same region, and it's completely internal. Which means, it's one of those pains that you can't really get to in order to try to relieve it. You know what I'm talking about? I took Tylenol one morning, but it didn't touch it at all. And then I've used a heating pad, but that doesn't help either. I had Josh apply some pressure to it, which really only made me more aware of the pain. It was one of those times where the pressure helped, but then it hurt it at the same time, you know? And laying down doesn't really help, because as I get up, I feel it all over again. I guess there's nothing to do but wait it out and pray that it goes away.

I was reading today about how the ligaments in my pelvic area are softening right now to prepare for labor, so I wonder if this pinched nerve is a result of something like that. I mean, it makes sense. Three more weeks until my due date, so technically I am full-term and the baby could come at any time. Though if this pinched nerve is gonna hang on until he comes, then I want him to come today! I know what you might be thinking, That's trading a measely pinched nerve for hours of labor, are you crazy? Call me crazy, but I'd rather be in labor than have this, because then I know the pain is working towards a goal and that the end will be in sight. And besides, Josh and I can't wait to have this little guy in our lives, so we are all for having him come now :) Sure the car seat isn't installed, and the crib isn't made up yet, and the nursery isn't well-organized, but that's ok! Come anyway, little dude! You so totally rock, Squirt! That's from one of my favorite movies :)

Alright, here are some more BABIES FOR DUMMIES. Enjoy!!











P.S. I received a few cards in the mail yesterday from my family that lives in New York. It's kinda weird that they all came on the same day. Anyway, I thought I'd do a shout out to Josh's aunts and grandma, since you guys read my blog. Thank you for the baby shower gifts!! Hopefully after the baby's born we'll get a chance to visit you so you can meet him.

That's all. The end.

4 comments:

Moz + Pam said...

I'm so sorry you're having such pain. How do you know it's a pinched nerve? Have you been to your doctor? If not, maybe you should call him. He may want to see you. Hope you feel much better soon!

Eden said...

Awwww...I hope you feel better soon. Having pinched nerves are no fun. Praying you feel better soon. Love the Babies for Dummies.

Sara said...

Owww, your poor butt!

Duuuuude, what do you mean your due date is only THREE weeks away?! That is insane!

Babies for Dummies--yay! My faves this time are making baby smile and playing with baby. :)

It was good to chat with you on the phone today. I love you!

Dave + Jess said...

Yuk, any sort of discomfort is no fun. The back of my leg, I guess it's my calf, is not happy right now. I think I got a little too into my workout the other night and now I'm paying for it. Nothing like a pinched nerve, but seriously, isn't being pregnant enough?!?

Only a few more days til your shower!! Are you going to organize the nursery once and for all after that? A friend offered to go to Babies R Us with me to kind of show me around and offer suggestions about what you need/what products are good and what you can live without. At this point, I'm not looking forward to registering...it seems a bit overwhelming!