Monday, October 5, 2009

Weekend Fun

Josh worked so hard this weekend. He painted our front room, which we've dubbed the office. We were calling it the froffice (front room/office), but simplification is better. Anyways, I forgot to get pictures of the before and after. Well, I can always take an after picture, but I don't have a before. Then again, I'm sure I've got pics of Matthew in that room, so you'd see the walls behind him. I'll have to hunt that down. When we first moved in, we liked the wall color. It was a light brown color, kind of like the color of a Wendy's frosty. But it also made the room feel dark and kind of drab. So we opted for a brighter, happier color for the walls. We chose a blue-green, and it turned out really nice. The idea is to furnish the room with black and silver accents. The comptuer desk and bookshelves and lamps are already black, and as we get pics on the walls, we'll go with either black or silver frames. Someday we'll have a couch in here for some seating, but that's lower on our list of things to buy. I do want to get some storage ottomans to hide some toys. I like the ones that you can flip the top over and it's a tray. They would work well as a coffee table only when necessary. Like for instance, when we have a couch in here. But that's all future purchases. Moving on...

Later in the afternoon, Josh was up for taking Matthew out, so we found a nearby pumpkin place. It was really small, their selection wasn't good, and the prices were too high, so we didn't spend too long there. There was no admission price, so that was a blessing. We ended up buying some big pumpkins and a cornstalk at Kroger, cause they were cheaper there. Go figure.


Having fun on the wooden tractor play thingy.


More fun. I guess. He doesn't look overly thrilled.


Checking out some animals, but not wanting to get too close.


The cornstalk tied to the beam on our porch, and our 3 pumpkins.


Wiped out after a long day.


I saved this video for last, cause it's so incredibly cute. Matthew had recently picked up on the song "It's Magic," and I have no idea why. It's not like I sing it to him more than any other song, but he likes to sing along with me. Check out his eyes at the end of the video. He rolls them up and he looks so funny. Enjoy!



5 comments:

Janelle said...

I like the cornstalk and pumpkins! And the video was very cute. Where is the picture of the finished office?

Grateful Grammy said...

Cute video!

Moz + Pam said...

What an adoreable video!! Too cute!! I like how he sings along & rolls his eyes at the end of the video!! Matthew's getting so BIG!! Can't wait to see him!! Remember when you used to go to the Pumpkin Patch with HCA? Oh and I like your "harvest" decorations, too!! ;)

Unknown said...

Ya! I remember going to the pumpkin patch w/ HCA..doesn't someone have a pic of all of us there (maybe it's a yearbook pic)?

Love the video! His timing of "soooo" is great! I used to sing Kelly Clarkson's "My Life Would Suck Without You" and there's some long notes she holds out in the chorus and Dylan would hold out the notes----sooo funny!

Sara said...

Awww, that video is soooooo cute! I love the eye-roll... what nut. I just love him. Tell him Auntie Sara says hi! :)