Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Poem by Yours Truly

'Twas October 27th when I went to the store.
I had to buy groceries, because we needed some more.
I hopped in the car after I strapped Matthew in;
Then I pressed the knob to get my favorite radio station.
Suddenly my ears were shocked by what I heard;
My jaw hit the floor, and I couldn't say a word.
It was the voice of Bing Crosby crooning to me
A familiar Christmas song on 93.3!
Thinking it was a joke, I waited for the punchline...
The Manheim Steamrollers were next--was I losing my mind?
It's not quite November, are these songs even ok?
But then I remembered...Christmas is less than 2 months away!
I better get home to check my Christmas list twice,
Because I want to buy everyone something very nice.
I guess it's safe to say this, but it doesn't feel quite right:
"Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night!"

3 comments:

Moz + Pam said...

Cool poem, Mary! You were a poet & didn't know it! ;)

Christi said...

I was kinda surprised yesterday morning when I heard it as well. I thought - oh they are probably just playing a couple of songs. But I ended up listening to it all day at work online!! :-)

Grateful Grammy said...

Cute poem! We saw our first Christmas commercial on TV on the 26th. I guess Christmas radio stations start about the same time. I still don't want to listen too soon. I don't want it to get old before Christmas.