Thursday, September 10, 2009

"How can you read this? There's no pictures!"

(That title is not original, folks. What movie did I get it from?)

Confessions of a pregnant drama queen:

--I polished off a bag of chocolate chip cookies in 2 days, and I didn't even share with Matthew or Josh. I have a dr.'s appt. tomorrow, and I hope the scale won't reflect my indiscretion.

--I think about food after I've just had a meal, and when I go to bed, and when I get up at night to pee, and when I wake up in the morning.

--I am totally breaking out this week. Hmm, could it be the cookies? Nah, I'll blame it on wacky pregnancy hormones.

--I can pretty much fall asleep at any time of the day, except of course after the middle of the night bathroom run. For some reason, I'm wide awake after that.

--I've officially got "the waddle."

--I registered with Babies R Us simply so I could use my coupon and get a $10 gift card. We bought Matthew a new toy that day.

--It's getting really hard to grocery shop with Matthew or do laundry or pretty much anything that involves semi-strenuous labor.

--Maybe I shouldn't mention labor at this stage. I don't want Jellybean getting any ideas and coming too early. Though a little early would be nice. Giving birth to Matthew was a chore, to say the least (and fyi, he came a week before my due date, all 9 lbs. 5 oz. of him). I should start praying that Jellybean will be sized more like a jellybean and less like a butterball turkey.


Confessions of a pregnant mommy:

--Sometimes I get annoyed when Matthew is messy at meal times. But he's 17 months old; really what more can I expect?

--I get weary of playing with him. And that's probably because sitting on the floor too long makes me sore.

--I am so happy that he doesn't follow me to the bathroom every time I go. I shut the door and all, but really, a girl needs her privacy, and that includes no toddlers knocking on the door and calling for me.

--Prune juice is not always solving his bowel movement problems. Note to self: must discuss this with pediatrician at end of month.

--So proud that he's become a pro at drinking from a straw. So proud that he now loves getting his teeth brushed. He stands on a stool in the bathroom as part of the bedtime routine. And now in the mornings, when I tell him we need to go upstairs so I can brush my teeth, he leads the way and we wind up in his bathroom as he says the word teeth.

--Matthew is now wary of unknown noises. We had a thunderstorm yesterday evening, and on the first rumble he crawls right over to me and holds onto my shoulders. So Josh and I opened the garage door and let him hear it better and see the rain and see that we weren't afraid and that he shouldn't be either. He even tried to say the word thunder a few times.

--Whew! Matthew stinks. I better go change him before the smell permeates the entire house.

2 comments:

Moz + Pam said...

Confessions of a new mother! LOL! ;) I know where that quote is from: Beauty and the Beast! Get some rest girl! Lay down when Matthew naps. I love you! Here's hoping your little girl isn't a quarterback like Matthew was at birth!

Janelle said...

Good post. It made me laugh.
I will start praying jellybean is smaller.
Totally understand the the bathroom thing from being a nanny! A closed bathroom door is just beautiful at times!
Love ya girl!