Thursday, April 23, 2009

We got internet today!



Yay! Finally, a connection to the outside world! We got phone and cable hook-up too, complete with our first DVR box. It'll be fun trying to figure it out. Actually, the guy explained it to me briefly, and it seems pretty easy. It's just another remote for Matthew to be curious about. And I'm sure he will be, cause it's very big with colorful buttons. I'm sure sometime when I'm not looking he'll record a show by accident or something.

So we're still surrounded by boxes, but not as many as a few days ago. We're slowly finding places for things. Some things, like picture frames and wall hangings, don't have a home yet. We are planning to paint some of the rooms, so we don't want to put things up just to take them down again, you know?


Fuller view of the house.


Matthew loves that he has more room to move around, and he's adjusting to his new room. The first night we slept here I was up in the middle of the night with him for about an hour. But since then he's slept all night. He has been waking up earlier than normal, so hopefully that will go away. I don't want to push his bedtime to later, cause if he still wakes up early, he'll be getting less sleep. Yeah, we think it's best to keep the bedtime consistent for now. It's nice that he goes to bed at 8pm. It gives us a chance to get things done around the house or just to have couple time.


Matthew waiting for Daddy to get home from work.


Oh yeah, before I forget, if you haven't heard yet, a new family member will be joining us in December. No, we're not getting a dog--I'm expecting! I'm 8 weeks along and feel pretty good most of the day. Mornings aren't my favorite times, but after a couple hours I'm usually ok, and as long as I keep my stomach from being empty during the day, I feel fine. I am more picky about food though. For instance, I'll prepare something for dinner, but once it's made, it suddenly doesn't look appetizing anymore. Sometimes I'd rather have saltines for dinner.


I like the new house, Mommy!


Oh, we've got nice neighbors, folks. The day we moved in one lady brought over chocolate chip cookies for us to eat after dinner. And a couple days later we got a card in our mailbox from another family welcoming us to the neighborhood. There's tons of kids here. Everyone has a playset in their backyard, and almost everyone has a dog. I'm pretty shy when it comes to meeting new people, but hopefully I'll warm up soon and get to know some people.

Here are some pics from moving day. Josh's family was an immense help.

Mommy, the apartment looks so empty!


Making sure all his belongings made it into the truck.



Yeah, we let him drive part of the way too ;)



I'll tell you what, moving is not my idea of fun. There's too many boxes and packaging tape and making sure fragile things don't get crushed. Then you gotta unpack it all at the new destination and search frantically for a much needed item that wasn't in a well-labeled box. Did I mention the man power it takes? Josh and his dad moved all the big furniture, and they were wiped out by lunchtime. My father-in-law kept giving me a hard time cause I had labeled many boxes "heavy" and added a smiley face. Yeah, as if that would make the box lighter somehow :).

Anyway, we are here in our new house, and it feels good. We'll keep you updated as we unpack and paint rooms. I've even got some videos for you that I'll share another day. Ta-ta!

5 comments:

Moz + Pam said...

Look at you guys standing in your very own yard! You're not only homeowners but landowners, too! Those are cute pics of Matthew waiting at the window for Daddy to come home & Matthew "driving" the moving truck! Mary, please don't overdue & get plenty of rest, too! Looking forward to the promised videos & more pictures of the rooms in your home!

Steve and Eden said...

YAY! Your own house! Love the pics!

Janelle said...

I love all your pictures.They are very cute!
I am glad you have gotten all moved in.
I am happy to hear that you have internet/cable. We are getting our switched over this weekend. Brian and I LOVE our DVR. Once you have it you will never want to be with out it.
I am glad we are moving little by little because it doesn't seem as rough this way. I don't know though ask me after Saturday is over. We probably have everything half moved and while Brian has been working on things that I can't help with I have unpacked as many boxes as possible.
I am so glad you have nice neighbors! I have only met one of ours. I hope ours are really nice too.
I love how you marked your boxes. That made me laugh. I packed some of my boxes only 1/2 full because I was afraid they get too heavy and I didn't want any boys yelling at me on moving day. Ha!
Enjoy your new home.

dave + jess said...

Moving is NOT fun, you're right. But it always helped me get rid of unnecssary things, but that was the only bright side I could think of when it comes to moving...esp with a one-year old and one on the way!

Looks like you guys have everything under control and are well on your way to being cozy in your new home. Yay!

And CONGRATS if you didn't get my email already :)

Christi said...

Glad you are liking the new house - and that Matthew is adjusting well!! :-)