Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Valentine's Day

Before I talk about V-day, I wanted to share a video with you. This is what Matthew thinks of getting his nails cut...



(Sigh) He used to be so good with it too. He'd hold really still and watch me clip away, but now he has to give me a major 'tude about it. Oh well :)

Valentine's Day is probably Josh's least favorite holiday. Not that he hates to love me or anything. It's just not Christmas or Easter, and a lot of money is spent for cards and flowers, stuff that gets thrown away eventually. Needless to say, he's not all that enthusiastic about it, and I had to remind that it was even coming up. I don't care that he doesn't go all out, cause I know he loves every day of the year, but I do like to get a restaurant meal out of it. What can I say? It's a good excuse to get a babysitter and have some couple time. We ate at Texas Roadhouse--yum! They had great steaks, excellent rolls, and the best honey cinnamon butter you could ever slather on anything! And then we walked around the mall for a little bit to work off our lunch. See? Nothing extravagant, but still nice.


Matthew made me a Valentine's Day card, but not without some help, of course.

Look at me, Mommy! These crayons are so cool!

Ok, let's get down to business.

Josh picked up a vased flower arrangement for me.

And here's my new leather jacket I was telling you about. It easily became my V-day gift.

I ordered Josh one of his favorite indulgences, Cheerwine. It's a cherry-flavored beverage, and they don't make it where we live, so he's happy to have it around.

Oh, I forgot to mention that Josh and I decided to make cards for each other this year. He liked that idea much better than spending $4 on a card from the store, and we all had fun making them. Josh's card to me is the red one, Matthew's is in the middle, and mine for Josh is to the right. I went with a Cinderella-themed card, which is why you see the blue on it. Behind the cards is Matthew's gift from Grammy. She got him a spring jacket with sailboats on it.

I'll close with my favorie picture above. After our lunch we spent pretty much the rest of the day at Josh's parents' house. We hung out with Hannah and Matthew, and when Beka's b-ball game was over, we celebrated her birthday with cheesecake.

Ooh, cheesecake...that makes me want to take a trip to The Cheesecake Factory ;)






7 comments:

Moz + Pam said...

Let's see...where do I begin my comments...I see Josh is putting to good use the coasters we got him for Christmas! Very clever making your own Valentine's Day cards. Matthew looked like he was enjoying the process. He looks so grown up in the pictures. Can't believe he'll be a whole year old next month! I had to laugh at the video of you cutting Matthew's nails. You'd think you were killing him with the protest he put up! LOL! Such a cute picture of Matthew & Josh in front of the fireplace. Just chilling with his Daddy. Those are very beautiful flowers Josh gave you! Good job, Josh! Finally...have you lost weight? You look slimmer in the picture with your leather jacket, you foxy lady! You look very pretty or should I say beautiful in that picture! I like your leather jacket alot! Hmmmm...maybe I should get one. What do you think? ;)

Sara said...

Ha, Mom beat me to it... I was going to ask if you've lost weight, because you totally look like you have! Very cute jacket too. :)

I'm not super-enthusiastic about V-Day either... we got each other cards, and even after we decided no gifts, Tony still kind of got me one, with that pedicure. Turd. ;)

That's so cute that Matthew made you a card. Just keep an eye on him with those crayons, ha ha. ;) I like that you made cards for each other too... cool idea.

Ooooh Cheesecake Factory... we still haven't used the gift card you gave us, but I'm dying to! Soon, soon...

Steve and Eden said...

Way to go Matthew!!! Making cards already!! When Lyv was little she really didn't care to get her nails cut, but now she doesn't mind. You look great! I want to know the answer about weight too. Love the cards you each made for each other! Glad you had fun!!!

Moz + Pam said...

Oh I forgot one thing...Matthew's hair is getting so thick & long, too!

dave + jess said...

VERY creative with the cards you guys made for each other this year!! I like homemade cards, they're more personal. Target had a make-your-own-card packet (actually it made two cards), so I made a Vday card for D and an anniversary card for my parents. It's fun to do, too!

Love the pictures of Matthew, he is getting so big! Next month he'll be 1...incredible! (Micah doesn't hold still enough to get his nails cut. D has to do them when he's asleep!)

Your new leather jacket is beautiful! I think you said you got a good deal on it, too, which makes it even more appealing!

Glad you guys had an enjoyable Valentine's Day!

Christi said...

What a great idea making cards for each other!! Looks like you all had fun!! That jacket looks great on you!!

Brad is a lot like Josh about V-day. Only he's probably worse. LOL. We actually decided not to celebrate - and use what we would have spent to go toward doing something nice for our Anniversary!! We thought about just going out on a date - but my parents were visiting - so we chose to just hang out at home with them...

Janelle said...

I love that you made cards for each other and that Matthew helped.
The jacket looks great on you.
The video of you torturing him is pretty funny:)