Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Craving!



This is a Dark Peppermint Pleasure Signature cake from Coldstone Creamery that we spontaneously picked up last night. It was supposed to have red velvet cake in it, but it had chocolate instead. Don't worry, it still tastes good. It also has peppermint ice cream in it, so it tastes like eating a candy cane. Very yummy! And you're probably thinking, Oh boy, here's the pregnant lady with her sweet cravings, but it was not me who wanted this, which leaves only one other culprit. Yup, it was Josh. He doesn't normally have a sweet tooth, but last night he saw the picture online and was like, Wow, that looks so good. So with very little persuasion from me, we went out and bought it. Hey, I am supposed to be submissive with this whole wife thing, so I went along with it all! Then we each sampled a piece while we watched The Polar Express. We thought we had bought a petite cake for two, but it actually has six slices, so I think we got the next size up. Oh well!

Our baby boy is doing just fine these days. He's been growing a lot lately, which means his mommy is growing too :). I've been on the hunt for another pair of slide-on shoes, but I've had no luck. I already own a brown pair, so I've been wanting a black pair, but the shoes I find are either too expensive, uncomfortable, or they don't have my size. Very frustrating. But that's fine, I'll find them when I find them. And if I don't, I think I'll survive. You know how some pregnant ladies' feet go up a size? Well, I haven't figured out if that's me or not, cause the stores don't have the two sizes I would want to try out. And I supposed it depends on the style of shoe too. I don't like shoe shopping, isn't that weird for a girl to be saying? I did buy a pair of knit/sweat pants today from Kohl's. I needed another pair to sleep in or lounge around the house in. And I had a coupon too, so that was nice :)

While our baby's been growing, he's been moving a lot too. I'd say he's a pretty active baby, though I have nothing to compare it to. But he has his days. Sometimes he'll kick a lot or move constantly it seems like, but other days I barely feel him at all. Sometimes it tickles when he moves, did I tell you guys that already? It's a really weird feeling.

Christmas is coming! Merry Christmas!!

7 comments:

Eden said...

Yummy! Steve was looking at Cold Stone yesterday, b/c we just got a coupon from them in our email. He'll probably be going over there soon. lol

I hate shoe shopping too. They never have my size. They always have 8,9+, but never 6 or 7s. :-(

Yay!!! You get to feel BC!!!!

See you soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm soooo glad you blogged again it's been well over a week!! That cake looks very yummy!! Only 2 more days until we're all together again!! And it's almost Christmas, too!! My best gift will be having all my kids, kids-in-law & grandkids all under our roof @ the same time!! Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy!! See you on Saturday night!!

Sara said...

How sad is it that I knew that was a Coldstone cake before I even started reading? lol I don't like mint and chocolate together (yes, I know I'm weird), but I'm sure it was yummy! And yeh, that's not the petite cake, lol. We got a petite one for Valentine's Day last yr, and it was definitely smaller than that one.

Oh, that reminds me--I have a birthday coupon from Coldstone for free ice cream that expires today! I have to remember to use it--I can't miss out on FREE ice cream. :)

Sorry you haven't had any luck with shoes. I love looking at shoes, but I rarely buy anything crazy. I just bought a new pair of black shoes which look pretty much exactly like the ones they're replacing--ooh, I'm so original. :) I have a hard time spending money on shoes that aren't practical--so I always buy black or brown, because they go with everything. Maybe one of these days I'll go crazy and buy some red shoes! :D

Oh my gosh, I am going to see you SO SOON! Your plane better not be late... ;)

Sara said...

Wait, I'm stupid... that is a petite cake. Don't mind me... carry on...

Christi said...

Oh my gosh - that cake looks so good - now I want one!! I don't like shoe shopping either - so I don't think you are weird. Of course - I try to avoid all shopping if at all possible!!

Dave + Jess said...

Yummy peppermint cake!!! We made peppermint ice cream in school last year, it tasted so good. My friend went a step further and put the ice cream in between two gingerbread cookies. It sounds gross, but it was unexpectedly delicious. Hmm...I wonder if mom has any candy canes on the tree, I'm in the mood for one now!

Unknown said...

I LOVE Coldstone. When I was pregnant I went over there occasionally to buy a "Gotta Have It"---sweet cream ice cream with peanut butter cups and Heath Bar. YUM!!! Oh man, I wanna go there now! Ya, of course I love ice cream---everyone remembers me as the one who had an ice cream wedding cake at her wedding! :)