Monday, December 3, 2007

Another Brownie Story

Do you remember when I told you about how my brownies got smushed on the way to a church fellowship? Well, I did it again! See, I made smore brownies and they looked awesome. They are really easy to make too. Just prepare the brownies as normal, then sprinkle on chocolate chips and mini marshmallows and put them back in the oven for a couple minutes. Then the mallows are soft and the chips are melty, the perfect time to press graham crackers on top of them. Then you let them cool completely and cut around the graham crackers. I love smores and I love brownies, so this combo is wonderful! Anyway, I arranged them nicely on this Christmas tray I have and covered them in plastic. When it came time to go out, I put them on the floor in the backseat and made sure that nothing heavy was on the seat that could fall on them. That's what happened last time with a bottle of 7UP. Well, lo and behold on our travels, Josh had to stop the car suddenly cause of a stupid driver in front of us. I didn't think about the brownies at all--I knew they were safe. We get to the house and I open the car door to get the brownies. The plastic wrap had totally come off and brownies were scattered all over the floor! I was so upset about it. I couldn't believe it happened again! Half the brownies managed to stay on the tray, so we were able to use those, but the rest had to be thrown away. I wanted to cry right then and there, but Josh distracted me from that cause we had a party to go to. I felt awful about serving only 10 brownies, so he suggested I cut them in half. He's so smart. I think I've finally learned my lesson. When I'm bringing food to a get-together, I will always keep it on my lap.

In pregnancy news, the baby has been very active lately. Sometimes I feel movement several times in a row, and I wonder what he's doing in there. One time I had my hand on my belly and I think, though I'm not positive, that I felt it from the outside. Usually it's all internal feelings, but maybe he kicked extra hard or something. I hope it happens again so Josh can feel it. Oh, and it's really hard to cut my toenails. I'm also thinking of finding some backless sneakers, just so I don't have to bother bending down to tie my laces. I even put my foot up on a chair so I don't have to bend in half, but it's still difficult.

I am 23 weeks along, which means I'm at the beginning of my sixth month. One more month and I'll be in my third trimester--yikes! This is going by too fast. Oh, I alsmot forgot! Josh and I found the perfect rocking chair at a furniture store. We went there cause they had a commercial for rockers that cost $49, so we wanted to check them out. Well, with those, you get what you pay for. They were put together poorly and probably wouldn't last long. But we did look around some more and found another one on sale that we fell in love with. This thing was sturdy and the back is high enough that I can rest my head on it. Oh, and it was comfy too--curved in all the right places. So we bought it, and we get to pick it up Wednesday. I think I want to buy chair pads for added comfort, but we'll see. I am just so thankful that we found good quality at a good price. And it's exciting, cause it's another step in preparing for this baby.

6 comments:

Eden said...

Those brownies sound yummy! I'm sorry to hear about your brownies. Twice is tough.

It's so cool that you can feel our nephew moving around! I hope we'll be able to see him moving while we're together over the Christmas holidays.

Glad you found a rocker you like!!!

We'll see you in less than a month!

Sara said...

What's that saying... "fool me once..."? Hee hee. Anyway, glad you finally learned your lesson. You could try putting them in a Tupperware container, too--not pretty, I know, but functional! ;)

You should probably be feeling him kick from the outside soon! Pretty soon Josh will get to feel it himself. :)

Glad you found a good rocker--I don't use mine as much anymore (just for reading bedtime stories), but it was a lifesaver in those early months of late-night feedings. Yes, get cushions--believe me, at 3 in the morning, when you're up for the 4th time with BC, you'll want them. ;)

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhh it's soo exciting that you can feel our very first grandson moving now! How thrilling for you & for Josh soon, too! Too bad about the brownies again! I'm sorry! You could bring them in a tupperware container & bring a pretty plate separately & then transfer them to the plate when you arrive @ your destination. I've done that & it works out perfectly!
Will you post pics of your new rocker? Hope so! Glad you found one you like.

Dave + Jess said...

Your poor brownies!! I bet the smashed one would have still tasted good, minus whatever was on the floor of the car. D would have probably still eaten them, he's a brownie-fiend.

Yay for a moving baby, I'm sure it's comforting to feel him moving. One of my co-workers said her babies always liked to sleep when she was on the move during the day and play at night when she was trying to sleep! I've always found that rather funny...though it's probably not to her.

See you guys soon! Thanks for arranging Christmas dinner...good job!

Christi said...

I'm sorry to hear about the brownies - but just know - the ones that survived were delicious. I think you should make them for the bake-off!!
It definitely won't be long now until you can see your whole belly moving around - and Josh will get to enjoy the movement with you!! How fun :-)
Slip on shoes are the best - good plan!! That's pretty much all I wore toward the end. Plus that way if your feet start to swell - you should still be able to get them on.
Yay for a rocking chair - and I agree - get the chair pads!!

Unknown said...

I was going to recommend last time u had the episode w/ the brownies to put them on ur lap! hahaaa

Steve and I had a little squabble about a crock of baked beans that he convinced me to put in the backseat since I already had something on my lap. Well, the baked beans were okay for the car ride and Steve always reminds me of that. But of course, I always think of the worst case senario! ;)

That's a beautiful rocking chair too!