Friday, May 15, 2009

My Obsession

The season finale of Smallville was on last night, and Josh and I had a great time watching it. For those of you who don't know, Smallville is a TV show about Clark Kent's life before he becomes Superman. I've always loved the Superman movies, and in comparison to other super heroes, Superman takes the cake. I'm not a comic book junkie though, so I don't know all the ins and outs of every character and plot from those pages. But in general I do love the story, so Smallville became an easy addiction for me to fall prey to. They just finished Season 8, and it was a really good episode. There weren't fantastic explosions and end-of-the-world destructions that are typical of Smallville season finales. There was more content involved, and they delivered a twisted implication and left some loose ends and unanswered questions. All in all, I think the writers set up really well for the final season, which will be starting in September. I can't believe I have to wait that long for the story to continue!

In family news, I am 11 weeks pregnant, which means I only have 29 more weeks to go! Whoo-hoo! It sounds short, but in reality, December seems far off. Occasionally my little tummy shows, depending on what I'm wearing. My skirts are starting to be too tight, so that's a bummer for church and stuff. I might go to JCPenney today to buy some maternity shorts. They actually had some longer ones, the Bermuda style that I like, and since they are having a sale, I want to take advantage of it. I'll definitely be needing shorts for the summer months. Yesterday I found a pretty summery top at Kohl's, so that'll be fun to wear when it gets warmer and I get bigger. Hopefully I shouldn't need too many more maternity pieces. I tried to get more staple items the first time I was pregnant, but it was also fall and winter, so I have a lot of long-sleeve and sweater stuff. Some items are 3/4 sleeve, so I can probably make those work when the seasons change.




Matthew is going through a mama's boy phase. He's totally fine if I leave him in the nursery at church. He doesn't cry or show any indication of missing me. But when I'm at home and we're playing on the floor, after 5 minutes he wants me to hold him. And a lot of times if I put him down somewhere, he'll put up a big fuss because I'm not holding him anymore. Dinnertime has become really bad. When I'm trying to make dinner, he'll cry and cry and try to get me to hold him. It's really very pitiful, but it's also frustrating. One, we need to buy gates, cause then I could block him off from the kitchen, so that would help. He wouldn't be trying to climb up my leg. Two, my mother-in-law gave me a good idea. She suggested I set him up in his high chair with a toy so he'd be more at my level. I tried it yesterday, and he was definitely content for a while. Near the end of my cooking he was reaching for me to get him out. Hopefully it will work again today.

His newest trick is climbing. He's actually climbed onto the couch once, but he's more comfortable climbing the stairs.




Matthew and Josh Learn to Climb the Stairs



Victory!



In house news, we've had a lot of rain lately, which showed us a nice little leak in our home. Josh took care of it yesterday, and I guess we'll find out the next time it rains if we've really solved the problem or not :) We've still got some things in boxes, but it's nothing we desperately need, otherwise it'd be unpacked by now. It's nice to have two extra rooms where we can hide stuff.

Weekend Events
Saturday our church is having a Ladies' Refresher Banquet (aka used to be called Mother/Daughter Banquet). Tell me, why have churches changed that name recently? Everyone is at least a daughter to someone, so technically no one's left out. Well, whatever. I guess it doesn't really matter anyway. I'm singing for the affair, so I need to practice my song a few more times today. Josh's sister and husband are going to be here for the weekend, which means Matthew will get to hang out with his cousin Chesney for a little while, and we can give them a tour of our new house. Should be a fun day!

2 comments:

Moz + Pam said...

How cool that you can give a tour of your brand new home to Sarah! I bet Matthew loves getting together with his cousin, too! Be sure to take pictures & post them on your blog. I'm going to a ladies tea @ Sara's church on Sunday afternoon. Should be fun. How are you feeling? It seems like forever since we've spoken on the phone! LOVED the video of Matthew & Josh climbing the stairs, to!

Janelle said...

Finally went back and read this post. I got really behind on reading everyone's blogs. Some of this we talked about on Wednesday:)
The reason they changed the name of the mother/daughter banquet is because many would not come. They would say, well, "my Mom is gone" or "I don't have a daughter." So we just didn't want to discourage any one from coming because of the name. But we are all daughter's of the King still!
You did good on your song, by the way, as you usually do:)