Friday, September 14, 2007

Baby Dreams

Ok, so I'm in my 12th week, which means I'm about 3 months along. I can't believe it! It seems like just yesterday we were finding out we were pregnant, and now in 6 months we have to be ready for an addition to our family. Yikes! There's so much to do between now and then. But hey, we've got 6 months, so as long as we don't procrastinate, we should be fine ;).

I do plan on posting some belly pictures soon. Don't worry, it won't be my naked belly. But I figured that three months was a good time to start, seeing as now I have a little something to show. It's funny, cause yesterday I felt like I was sticking out so much, but today my belly seems flatter to me. Whatever. I know Fishy's growing, no matter how it feels to me. The other day I hugged Josh, and he told me that my belly reached him before the rest of me did! And that phenomenon will only become more prominent as the days go by.

Ok, so the reason for my title. I've been having some strange baby dreams. I do remember one nightmare I had earlier on, but I don't exactly want to describe it and relive it in my mind, nor do I want to scare you all with my imagination, so we'll just leave that one alone. But the first baby dream that I had was that I was wearing a diaper. Not sure what brand though, didn't pay attention to that detail. The next one I had, I really wish I could remember what happened, but all I know is that I woke up ticked off at Josh. Apparently he didn't do something I wanted him to in the dream, so when the alarm went off for church the next day, the first thing I thought was, Man, he's so annoying! But, realizing I was in real life and he hadn't done anything wrong, I shook it off and told him about it later. At that time I remembered the dream, but neither of us can recall what it was about.

Then I had another dream where I was ticked off at Josh (poor guy!). We were coming back from a trip, and he sat down while I had to stand and wait for the luggage to come around. Boy, I woke up annoyed about that too! But it's totally the opposite of what happened in real life. When we got back from Disney, I sat down while he waited for the luggage!

Well, upon re-reading my last two dreams, I see that they have no "baby" stuff in them, but I still label them baby dreams, cause I've never had dreams where I've gotten annoyed at Josh before, so I blame it on the pregnancy hormones. He really has been wonderful so far, I promise :).

So the dream I had last night was kinda scary at the time, but thinking back on it, I shouldn't have been scared at all. I dreamed that a baby-sized intruder came into my old room in my parent's house and was stealing all the baby socks I had for my baby. Ruthless, huh? And baby-sized too! I shoulda been able to clobber him!

Any psychologists out there care to analyze my brain?

6 comments:

Sara said...

Ha, I'm not even going to attempt to analyze your brain. ;) I'm trying to remember if I had any weird dreams during pregnancy. I do remember dreaming that I gave birth to a toddler--she was walking and talking, with a full mouth of teeth, and fully clothed! And in my dream, it didn't seem weird at all. ;)

I've had dreams so vivid that I wake up in a bad mood, and have to talk myself into believing it was just a dream. Strange how the mind works...

Bring on the belly pics!

Christi said...

How funny!! I don't even remember if I had any strange dreams. I guess if I did they weren't strange enough to remember. Or else it's due to what I like to call "baby brain" (which is similar to "pregnancy brain") where I can't remember anything. I tend to ask people the same question about 3 times before I finally actually hear/remember the answer. Ahhhh... the things you have to look forward to :-D

Dave + Jess said...

When I read the title, I thought your post would be about the hopes and dreams you have for your baby. However, it seems like the baby has some dreams for you first! I cracked up when I read the one about you wearing a diaper!! What was that all about!?!? Too funny.

Poor Josh seems to be coming out on the losing end when he is just sleeping peacefully next to you. Our men just can't win sometimes!

Can't wait to see some belly pictures! One of the teachers at work is pregnant and she just started popping out, too cute!

Eden said...

I had "baby dreams" while I was preggie too. They were mostly strange and bizarre nightmares about what the baby was going to look like or what they were going to do when they grew up, etc. But they all had some kind of weird twist to them.

Poor Josh! Hormones have a funny effect on us women, that's for sure.

I can't wait to see belly pics!!! Our lives have just got increasingly busier and I have less and less time on the computer which is why I haven't commented lately, but I will start making time.

We love you guys and do hope to hear from you soon.

Dave + Jess said...

Thanks for sharing your dreams. This just proves how weird you are. If you want to feel better, read Bizarre Dreams... It is an interesting article I just came across.
Dave

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhhh, I can't wait to see belly pics! I had nightmares alot when I was pregnant! It must run in the family, huh? LOL!