Wednesday, September 19, 2007

And the Beat is On!

I had a check-up today with my doctor, and the coolest thing happened. I heard my baby's heartbeat! I'm 12 weeks along, and my sister was just telling me that they may not be able to hear the heart because it's a little on the early side for that. So when they told me they were going to check for it, I didn't think they'd find it. The nurse told me it was a little early, but they like to check anyway. And sure enough, we heard it! It was this faint "thump thump" sound. And by faint I don't mean weak. It's just cause the baby's still so small. It was so awesome to hear :)

I called Josh to tell him about it, and I got all emotional on him. I wasn't that way in the office, but once I started telling him, I got choked up and started to cry. I didn't get that way over my first ultrasound last month, so it was probably the combo of missing Josh and pregnancy hormones.

Overall I'm feeling pretty good. I actually feel less pregnant lately in some respects. I don't feel the need to munch on crackers between meals as much as before, and I don't feel as tired. My doctor told me that now I'm getting into my second trimester, and this is the feel good part of being pregnant. Yay!

I've had to wear more maternity clothes lately. Not so much tops, but definitely pants and skirts. I'll have Josh take a belly picture this weekend, so ya'll can see my pooch!

Two more months until we find out if it's a boy or a girl!! Predictions, anyone?

6 comments:

Christi said...

Yay!! for hearing the heartbeat!! How exciting :-D As far as guessing gender for you - since EVERYONE else I know is having girls here lately - I will predict a boy for you - just for fun!!

Sara said...

Aww, I'm so glad you were able to hear the heartbeat! It really is an awesome sound, isn't it? I remember getting teary at my first ultrasound, but I don't think I did the first time I heard the heartbeat. But that doesn't make it any less cool. :)

I'm glad you're feeling better, too!

Well, I could predict a girl, because that's all we have on this side of the family, but you know, you really should try hard to have a boy, to balance things out. :P

Dave + Jess said...

Your baby is only 12 weeks old and is already advanced!! S/he is going to be a smart one. Josh was joking with David tonight saying that our kids are all going to be nerdy (David's fault, 100%), but it looks like yours has already read the book ;). Too, too cute!!

Eden said...

Yay!!!! 12 weeks already and you've gotten to hear the heartbeat!!! I'm so excited for you guys. I can't wait to see your little tummy over the holiday. I've been showing Olyvia ya'lls pic and telling her that there is a baby in there!! lol

I think it would be cool if you had a boy, but if you have a girl at least you'll get lots of clothes!!

Anonymous said...

I predict you'll have a boy because I'd like a grandson! I'll love whichever you have!

Unknown said...

Well, Martha and I both have boys...so I'll say A BOY!

<3,
Nicole V.