Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Appointment Today

Well, our little Buckeye is doing well. His/her heartbeat is 156, and my blood pressure was normal. As for my weight, well, I won't dish out actual numbers to you, but I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I lost a couple pounds in the first trimester, so I'm doing good for now. Hopefully I can stay on track and not suddenly inflate like a balloon :).

My belly is starting to stick out more. The other day I had on some Nike shorts that have an elastic waist, and after a couple hours around my middle it was uncomfortable, so I maneuvered them a little lower to get relief. It was funny to me to see my belly sticking out over the shorts. I look like I'm fatter, but it's good stuff, baby fat :).

Let's see, what else? Morning sickness is pretty much non-existent, not that I had much of it to begin with. I've had heartburn lately, which isn't fun, but it could be worse, so I'll take it happily. I've also been congested a lot, and I don't think it's allergies, cause it hasn't lined up with the weather we've been having. My doctor told me I could use saline nose drops for some relief. I have Tylenol allergy medicine, but I don't want to use that all the time, so I may have to go get me some nose drops soon.

Next month's appointment I'll have another ultrasound, and it's on Veteran's Day. This works out well, because Josh already has that day off. If the baby cooperates and doesn't have his legs crossed or anything, we should be able to tell the sex of the baby! We're both dying to know, and so are others. Maybe I'll post the ultrasound picture and have you guess what it is?

That's all the news from baby land!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can hardly wait to find out if it's a boy or a girl!!

Sara said...

Good job with the weight gain... or, loss. Whatever. :)

I remember those days, when the waistline of clothes would feel comfortable at the beginning of the day, and then uncomfy later. Does your belly ever itch? I remember mine itching a lot as it was growing. :)

Ooooh, only a few more weeks till your big ultrasound! And, no, you'd better not make us guess... that's not fair! :P

Eden said...

Lol, I remember the waistline problem days!

When you get your ultrasound I think you should make us guess for 2-3 days before spilling the beans. Make it fun!! Hint: Whoever gets it right first wins a prize!!!

You know how I love prizes!!!

Dave + Jess said...

Sounds like you're having an easy pregnancy! Good, it'll make you want to have more...eventually! :)

Christi said...

I can't wait til next month!!!